POSITION: CONTRACTS & COMPLIANCE PARALEGAL – SCHOOLS GROUP
Responsible for preparing, examining, negotiating, revising and tracking contracts that involve the purchase or sale of educational services, the leasing of property and provision of supplies in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Manages company’s annual report filings, business licenses, records retention program and other compliance requirements for the business group.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supporting the Schools Group consists of, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Contract Preparation and Negotiation
- Prepare, examine, analyze, negotiate, revise and track contracts that involve the purchase of sale of services or leasing of real property.
- Oversee administration of contracts.
- Negotiate terms and conditions.
- Ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status.
- Design, enhance and maintain a singular filing system for each customer engaged in a Catapult Learning or subsidiary partnership.
- Manage contract renewal deadlines and attendant due dates.
- Analyze data and produce a weekly report designed to update staff on the status of contract development.
- Perform follow-up with the field in an effort to retrieve signed contracts for files.
- Draft contract change notices, monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
Contract and Other Legal Compliance
- Provide and manage legal and regulatory review of proposed contract language to assure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and appropriate response to minimize liability to the company.
- Design and maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Monitor M/WBE compliance with field.
- Implement at the direction of Chief Compliance Officer with the assistance and support of company’s compliance program.
- Manage company’s annual report filings and other compliance requirements.
- Ensure company is in compliance with legal requirements and specifications, as well as government regulations.
- Work with Schools Group field partners to ensure that customer files are properly inventoried and boxed for storage at end of each school year
- Coordinate sending customer files to Iron Mountain at end of each school year
- Properly track inventory at Iron Mountain to ensure records are maintained in accordance with company policy
- Serve as records retention manager for the Schools Group under the company’s Records Retention Program.
- Provide training to business personnel as to critical contract issues.
- Manage vehicle fleet and relating insurance issues.
- Track authorizations and correspondence.
- Maintain detailed and organized files.
- Draft standard letters for General Counsel’s signature with minimal direction.
- Manage and distribute Certificates of Insurance process for contracts and leases.
- Other duties as assigned
5+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal in a law firm or in-house (mix of in-house and firm experience is preferred); Special Education experience a plus.
Bachelors’ degree required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to appropriately communicate with and influence all levels of constituents
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently with good attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel is a MUST!
- Prior experience in an organization with multiple business units and a workforce of over 1,000 employees is a plus