Compliance Discovery Solutions is a leading eDiscovery service provider that offers client value-added customized solutions through an innovative suite of legal discovery solutions powered by a sage eDiscovery consulting team that is responsible for various aspects of technology assisted review including, automated workflows, searching and predictive coding as well as other product support, trouble-shooting and client-training.
Compliance Discovery Solutions is currently seeking an individual to provide electronic discovery support at its Los Angeles Office. This is a full-time/on-site position.
The eDiscovery Data Analyst provides support to the eDiscovery consultant team under the direct supervision of the Director of eDiscovery Technology Services on all tasks related to document collection and processing, document searching, export and production. The primary focus of this role is for processing electronic data using specified eDiscovery and computer forensics evidence handling techniques and industry specific processing applications and tools. This individual is responsible for ensuring the quality of the processed data through various stages of EDRM project workflow and final output.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of eDiscovery Technology Services, the eDiscovery Data Analyst is responsible for processing electronic data using specified eDiscovery and computer forensics evidence handling techniques and industry specific processing applications and tools. They are responsible for ensuring the quality of the processed data through various stages of EDRM project workflow and final output.
In this capacity, the eDiscovery Data Analyst:
- Processing of ESI;
- Ability to interact with clients, eDiscovery project managers and analysts to identify best workflows for eDiscovery projects.
- Creates and updates tracking spreadsheets and other tracking databases;
- Follows all department standards;
- Creates data conversion configurations based on individual client specifications, utilizing proprietary and third-party software to produce output to paper and/or electronic format;
- Performs quality control at various points of the processing or production process per department standards and notifies appropriate parties of any issues that may arise;
- Reformats documents using both macros and manual manipulation (primarily spreadsheets) to assure quality control on all work orders;
- Uses SQL to run scripts in order to generate reports throughout the Production or Processing process.
- Understands load file specifications and translates individual client's needs into a format to create custom database load files;
- Creates CDs, DVDs, and Hard Drives (including formatting and cloning) using third-party and proprietary software;
- Consistently and accurately accounts for time spent working on projects by utilizing Compliance’s time tracking software;
- Creates batch files to automate Productions and data intake processes;
- Creates and updates eDiscovery Technology Services documentation;
- Proactively informs others about project statuses both orally and in writing;
- Provides excellent customer service communicating a positive, professional attitude;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisory eDiscovery Technology Services staff;
- Ability to work concurrently on projects and flexibility in shifting focus.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a teamwork approach to assignments.
- Availability to work late nights & weekends as required.
- Intermediate comp Word, Excel (particularly formatting and use of formulas);
- Knowledge of Nuix (Essential);
- Knowledge of Relativity Processing (Non-Essential);
- Knowledge of Relativity a plus (Non-Essential)
- Knowledge of Brainspace a plus (Non-Essential);
- Knowledge of other industry standard processing tools such as eCapture or Law a plus (Non-Essential);
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly; and
- Familiarity with computer operating systems, networking and the ability to recognize and diagnose issues.
- Formatting and executing search terms/filters;
- Creating and configuring eDiscovery databases;
- Handling special projects as needed;
- Ability to generate custom reports for review management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of three years of law firm or service provider experience;
- Relativity Certified Administrator, Relativity Project Management Specialist, Relativity Certified User, or Relativity Processing Specialist certification desired
- Strong client-service orientation;
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks through to completion in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to perform detailed troubleshooting during each phase of the EDRM cycle;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, while taking responsibility for a task and following it through to completion;
- Ability to work smoothly with other departments in coordinating requirements and activities;
- Ability to read reports and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to stay focused and complete tasks; and
- Organized and detail-oriented personality.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Personal Effectiveness: Takes responsibility for personal and team results; demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior; demonstrates sensitivity, support and respect for all – manages all team members fairly; creates a positive work environment;
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in functional area; understands business process and applies best practices to achieve best results; demonstrates knowledge of the Company’s clients and organizational structure; demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Company’s internal support groups; ability to communicate plans to gain support for positions and ideas;
- Professional Excellence: Maintains contact with senior management to ensure a clear understanding of priorities; supports and implements change initiatives; demonstrates commitment to acquiring knowledge and skills; champions and manages initiatives that support the Company’s goals; collaborates with others to ensure the success of all teams; and
- Results Focus: Sets and meets annual performance goals; organizes and delegates work to ensure projects and initiatives are completed with maximum efficiency; ability to properly set expectations for performing and delivering work; ensures personal and team compliance with Firm policies and procedures; differentiates between the urgent, important and normal issues in developing work priorities.
- Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Candidate must be willing and able to handle frequent overtime during busy periods of the year.
Our Client Service Excellence Principles:
COLLABORATE, COMMUNICATE, EMBRACE DIVERSITY, PRACTICE EXCELLENCE, INNOVATE, ACT WITH INTEGRITY, VALUE KNOWLEDGE, CHALLENGE NORMS, RESPOND WITH IMMEDIACY, DELIVER RESULTS