Compliance Discovery Solutions is seeking a skilled Patent Attorney to work with a well-known consumer brand that offers a corporate culture rooted in an inclusive and collaborative environment and values and fosters an entrepreneurial spirit. The client has emphasized a need for a candidate with strong contracts experience and to have either a Mechanical Engineering OR Chemical/Chemistry background.
Responsibilities and Scope:
The Patent Attorney prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications in the consumer brand space. This individual is responsible for conducting Freedom to Operate (FTO) assessments and is skilled at drafting, negotiating contracts ranging from Confidentiality agreements (CDAs), development agreements and license agreements. The Patent Attorney reports to the Associate General Counsel, Patents.
Education and Experience Required:
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) required
- Must have an active law license in good standing in any jurisdiction
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience with stated responsibilities
- Independent, self-starting, and self-motivated
- Either Mechanical Engineering background OR a Chemical/Chemistry background is highly desirable
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment are a must
Duration: Approximately 6 months
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Applicants should submit a cover letter, with salary requirements, curricula vitae (in Microsoft Word or similar format), and a list of references to email@example.com with the email subject “Princeton Patent Attorney.”